Electrical Design Engineer and Project Manager
For over half a century Thoma Electric Company has been dedicated to providing quality electrical engineering, design/build, and construction services for healthcare, education, commercial, industrial, government, agriculture, and specialty industries throughout the Central Coast and California. Located in San Luis Obispo, just a couple miles from downtown, enjoy working in one of the most desirable communities in California. We enjoy a great reputation throughout California.
Thoma Electric, Inc. is seeking an experienced full time Electrical Design Engineer and Project Manager to join our engineering & design team. An Electrical Design Engineer and Project Manager will be responsible for the code compliant design and specification of the electrical and communication systems as part of multi‐disciplinary construction projects. Engineering tasks typically include design of power distribution systems, lighting layout and controls, fire alarm, emergency/standby backup, controls and communication electrical systems. Project Manager responsibilities include coordinating design efforts between in‐house design team, the architect, mechanical, structural and civil engineers, the client, as well as others in an effective, professional, and efficient manner.
- Design electrical and communications systems within a wide variety of construction applications.
- Provide insightful and innovative design solutions for challenging projects throughout California.
- Clearly communicate design intent with clients and project team members.
- Organize workload to meet project deadlines.
- Work with highly motivated team members to ensure project success and client satisfaction.
- Create conceptual design and construction documents with AutoCAD.
- Create project specifications, coordinate equipment space and performance requirements, coordinate utility systems requirements.
- Perform construction administration tasks including submittal review, RFI responses, and final job walks and job observations.
- Create building energy and lighting models for California Title 24 energy compliance.
- Perform detailed engineering analysis such as load, voltage drop, and short circuit current calculations; equipment protection, cost/lifecycle approach analysis, etc.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience as a designer in electrical and communication systems.
- Minimum 5 years experience in electrical design producing construction documents.
- Project manager or lead engineer/designer experience.
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant codes such and California Title 24, California Electrical
- Code/NEC, Green Building Codes, etc.
- LEED accreditation.
- AutoDesk Revit, EnergyPro, Bluebeam, and/or Photometric Lighting Simulation software experience.
- Experience dealing with OSHPD, DSA, and other regulatory agencies.