Electrical Design Assistant/CAD Technician
For over half a century Thoma Electric Company has been dedicated to providing quality electrical engineering, design/build, and construction services for commercial, industrial, government, educational, agriculture, healthcare, and specialty industries throughout the Central Coast and California. Located in San Luis Obispo, just a couple miles from downtown, enjoy working in one of the most desirable places in California.
Thoma Electric, Inc. is seeking an experienced full time CAD drafter to join our engineering & design team to assist in the design of lighting, power, control, and communication systems. As a key player in the fast‐paced design process, you will be responsible for working with the project managers and engineers to efficiently produce drawings, models, and layouts of electrical systems.
- Create and modify CAD drawings from project concept to implementation.
- Work with highly motivated team members to ensure project success and client satisfaction.
- Read and interpret construction documents.
- Implement and incorporate project manger’s/engineer’s comments.
- Create building energy and lighting models for California Title 24 Compliance.
- Maintain high level of organization pursuant to company standard.
- Update and maintain CAD details, workflow, and standards.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and 3D modeling.
- Experience producing construction documents.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Desire to learn about the design and construction of electrical systems in a multi‐disciplinary application.
- Associate degree or some college experience in a technical concentration or equivalent experience.
- AutoDesk Revit experience highly desired.
- Experience with electrical and lighting systems.
- EnergyPro and/or Visual Software
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant codes such and California Title 24, California Electrical Code/NEC, or Green Building Codes