Electrical Construction Project Manager
Thoma Electric, Inc. is seeking an experienced full time Construction Project Manager to join our construction division in San Luis Obispo, California, located 1.5 miles from downtown. The Electrical Construction Project Manager will interpret technical statements of work and design documentation as it relates to project planning, budgeting, procurements, materials management, specifications, implementation, testing, training, and project completion. The Electrical Construction Project Manager will work in a variety of functional capacities on any given project including: submittal creation/review, compliance with testing procedures, project handoff, submitting RFI’s and change orders, reviewing purchase orders, subcontract review, etc. to ensure high quality and efficiency of electrical construction projects. The Electrical Construction Project Manager will plan, schedule, adjust, and maintain timelines in a fast-paced construction/installation environment while maximizing resources and optimizing budgets.
- Review (turnover) projects with estimator
- Procure job plans and schedule from owner/general contractor
- Review estimate and provide input to purchasing department
- Assist purchasing and estimating departments in submittal preparation
- Prepare foreman’s package (utility handout packages, copy of takeoff, etc.)
- Conduct pre-construction review planning and foreman electrician turnover
- Temporary power planning and execution
- Special material detailing and procurement (i.e. – floor boxes, quoted or long-lead items, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with job specifications and contract, including published schedules
- Attend jobsite meetings and visit job site to review project with foreman, as needed
- Work with estimators on change orders
- Process and answer electrician’s questions
- Assist superintendent with manpower projections
- Overview of job-site safety and cleanliness
- Write RFI’s, follow-up on answers, and track (manage RFI folder)
- Manage submittals, and schedule delivery of items on a timely basis to job site
- Prepare O&M manuals, as-built drawings, warranty letters, spare parts, etc.
- Review pre-invoicing reports and give input to accounting for monthly billings
- Attend weekly staff meeting in the office
- 7+ years experience in electrical construction. Journeyman’s license or master electrician license preferred.
- Works well with project team members in order to reach common goals
- Proficiency using various software applications (CAD, BlueBeam, Scheduling, MS Office Suite, and Estimation Software)
- Strong business and project management skills
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of electrical plans, blueprints, and drawings. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge.
- Familiarity with electrical equipment, materials, and specifications
- Experience with contract documents (contract drawings, subcontracts, contract addendum, specifications, and change orders).
- Successful candidates will be able to think critically, quickly, and independently, and will be able to rely on personal judgment and/or experience to make decisions and accomplish tasks.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant codes such and California Title 24, California Electrical Code/NEC, Green Building Codes.
- LEED experience is desirable.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with general contractor personnel.