AUTOCAD Drafter Internship
Thoma Electric, Inc. is seeking a Junior AutoCAD Drafter to support our electrical design and engineering team in San Luis Obispo, California, located 1.5 miles from downtown. The successful applicant will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team focused on designing electrical systems for healthcare, education, commercial, government, and agricultural clients located throughout California. As a key player in the fast-paced design process, you will be responsible for working with the project managers and engineers to efficiently produce drawings, models, and layouts of electrical systems.
- Assist electrical engineers and designers in creating and modifying CAD drawings from project inception through completion.
- Assist electrical engineers and designers on field investigations to gather project information.
- Assist in creating building energy and lighting models for California Title 24 Compliance.
- Read and interpret construction documents and incorporate comments/changes from electrical engineers and designers.
- Update and maintain CAD details, workflow, and standards.
- Print, assemble and file drawings to meet production needs.
- Maintain high level of organization pursuant to company standard.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and 3D modeling.
- AutoDesk Revit experience highly desired.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Desire to learn about the design and construction of electrical systems in a multi-disciplinary application.